To book The Loose Covers band:
So please email, text or phone us early for all your booking enquiries. We would be delighted to help you make your event a stunning success in a fun flexible and professional manner.
We're well known on the circuit to 'go the extra mile' to ensure the success of your important occasion, and take any worry out of the organisation for you!
Mobile phone: 07961 - 160322
Gigs - recent and upcoming 2013
GIGS in 2012
(see the great feedback on these gigs below!):
19 May - Birthday Party at Salford Priors
(over 120 people there, dancing the night away!)
4 June - Welford Jubilee Festival (a '1/2-band'
gig): crowds of happy people here again (well over 150), bopping away!
9 June pm - WELFEST (two of the band playing at
this very popular annual music festival in Welford, Warwickshire)
9 June evening - Wedding Anniversary (25th) Party
evening: Stratford-upon-Avon. Non-stop dancing again through the night - before the disco to finish. We can often combine our live music with a Disco to
follow! Please ask for details.
30 June - VSO outdoor gig at The Cottage of
Content, Barton, South Warwickshire. Over 100 people 'soaking' up the sun and enjoying the music, where we joined with another band for the three encores of 'Sweet Home Alabama', 'Cocaine' and the rousing 'Brown Sugar' to close!
Saturday 28 July. Outdoor Beer and Music Festival, The
Blue Boar Inn, nr Temple Grafton, Warwickshire, (sat-navs: B49 6NR). FREE ENTRY! Runs from 2pm - 11pm: 9 hours of live music! The Loose Covers are one of the main bands
performing at this live music festival. 8 bands playing.
Saturday 25 August. Summer Music Festival at The Four Alls pub and restaurant, Binton Road, Welford-on-Avon,
Warwickshire CV37 8PW (Tel: 01789 - 751470). One of the main bands at this live music festival.
Saturday 8 September. 'Oversplode' Music
Festival: The Four Alls pub and restaurant, Binton Road, Welford-on-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 8PW (Tel: 01789 - 751470). All welcome.
Friday 12 October. Stratford-upon-Avon sports club evening and dance. Details to be confirmed.
Saturday 1 December. Hereford: Private Birthday party.
EXAMPLE GIGS in 2013
Friday 25 January 2013 . The Northway pub, in Northway, just 1 mile north of Ashchurch train station, nr Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. We'll be revving up at c. 8.15pm! Details to follow: watch this space! Pub Post Code for sat-navs is: GL20 8HQ.
Saturday 9 Feb 2013 evening. Welford-on-Avon, Bowling Club Warwickshire, near Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 8EN.
Charity fund-raiser. Details to follow.
Saturday 17 August 2013: Charity festival, The Four Alls pub, Welford-on-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 8PW . Details to follow.
To book The Loose Covers band:
We get booked up pretty early (see above) ; we also get many repeat bookings from satisfied party hosts and event
managers. So please email, text or phone us early for all your booking enquiries.
We would be delighted to help you make your event
a stunning success in a fun, friendly, flexible and professional manner.
We're well known on the circuit to 'go the extra mile' to ensure the success of your important occasion!
Our contact details are below:
Mobile phone: 07961 - 160322
Booking NOW for 2013!
Please email or phone about your proposed event, e.g.
* Birthday Party
* Graduation Party
* Festival (e.g. Beer Festival, Music, Blues or Arts etc.)
* Wedding Anniversaries
* Corporate function / Office Party / Christmas party
* Summer Balls
* Sports Club evenings (e.g. Golf, Tennis, Rugby, Football - many of the band are sports mad!)
* Summer BBQ
* Pub gigs
* Fund-raisers / Charity events
* Shop / store Openings
* Awards Evenings
* Opening nights
etc. You name it!
Please contact us to discuss your ideas.
We aim to keep your guests on the dance floor all night (see Feedback and Song List below). We can add a disco session too, if you wish: the band features an experienced local
radio and disco DJ!
*** We go the extra mile to make your event a huge success!
*** A friendly, lively band: contact us today!
**** WE ARE THE LOOSE COVERS ! ****
As advertised on Information-Britain:
Feedback on the gigs...
Please email or phone us to discuss any booking enquiries and song requests.
Mobile phone: 07961 - 160322
Read the feedback below from numerous satisfied customers:
Just a quick note to say many thanks for the great music at my party on Saturday in Hereford.
Everybody really enjoyed it and I think you could tell by the number of people dancing that your music was going down well.
Good luck for future gigs, and if anybody asks me for the name of a good band you are at the top of the list of one!!! " Dave
Hereford Birthday Party, December 2012 (75 guests bopping away!)
"We were absolutely delighted with the music you played at our VSO fund-raising event! Thank you very much."
Margaret and Chris
Comments from guests...
"Absolutely fantastic music" "Great performance and engagement with the audience"
"Really tight band" "Great set of songs too"
VSO outdoor gig at Barton 'Cottage of Content' pub, Warks, Saturday 30 June 2012 (c. 100 people)
"Our evening was so great, thanks to your fab band 'The Loose Covers' - there were so many compliments paid to you all by our friends.
You made the evening such a success. Thank you very much. We'll look forward to seeing and hearing you again".
Ray and Barb: the Hosts celebrating their 25th!
"Fantastic night" "Superb evening"
Tiddington, Stratford-upon-Avon: 25th Wedding Anniversary gig, 9 June 2012 (c. 100 people)
"You are really, really good: thanks for a great evening"
" Excellent night" "Great songs" "Brilliant to dance to"
" Thanks for your support in making the day such a great success - you played a central part and were a keystone to the whole event"
"Reassuring that we could totally rely on you"
"Feedback to us organisers was very positive, and the day was enjoyed by everyone"
"we were very impressed by what you guys play"
Welford Jubilee festival gig May 2012
- with just 1/2 the band on stage. (c. 200 people)
Simon Fowler of Ocean Colour Scene played on stage immediately before us!
"Thanx for a fantastic evening last Saturday"
"We'd definitely book you again" Cath
"Just the job" "Great night out"
" Great banter with the audience"
Bidford-Salford Priors: Birthday Party - May 2012
(120 people, dancing the night away)
"Brilliant: we haven't bopped like that for ages"
Ilmington Birthday Party 2011 (c. 50 people)
"Really good show" - Stratford-upon-Avon pub gig 2011 (c. 100 people)
What songs and bands do we cover?
Live Music that’s great to dance to, from Pop, Blues, Rock, Blues-Rock - suitable for all kinds of events, e.g. Birthday party, Wedding Anniversary, Music/beer/ arts festival, Wedding, Ball, Sports club event; Awards evening, Office party, Summer BBQ, Corporate events - you name it!
Contact details below...
You'll find us a very friendly, engaging and flexible band to help make your event a great success!
We do requests too: just email any suggestions to us. Any we don't play ourselves, we can pipe through our PA system: we have a library of literally several thousand songs covering all types of music e.g. Jazz, Jazz-Fusion, Blues, Country, Pop, Funky music, Disco, Ballads, Rock, New Wave, Alternative etc., from the 1960s (e.g. Beatles; Stones) through all decades right up to the noughties (e.g. Coldplay; Kaiser Chiefs)!
Please suggest further requests at the time of booking!
The Loose Covers are a 7-piece band of experienced musicians who have performed live for years. Our guitars and bass blend with both keyboards and saxophone to make a great, distinctive sound.
Few bands have both sax and keyboards: we do! This also extends the range of songs we can play.
... We play the classic hits from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s to the present day, including great songs by, for example:
* The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cream, Dire Straits
Eric Clapton, Santana
* Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs, Dandy Warhols, Roxy Music
Bryan Ferry, Cockney Rebel
* Free, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd
* Thin Lizzy, Bob Dylan, Procol Harum, Rod Stewart
* Queen, Freddie Mercury, T. Rex
* Madness, Toploader, The Jam, Paul Simon
- and loads more! We are adding more songs all the time.
We can also do requests: please ask when you make a booking.
SEE OUR TYPICAL SET LISTS BELOW!
... and click the links below for our video slide shows of some of our song cover versions (Rolling Stones, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac/Santana - and Thin Lizzy on MySpace).
Want some TLC? Book The Loose Covers band!
Please email or phone us to discuss any booking enquiries and song requests. Contacts details as follows:
Mobile phone: 07961 - 160322
Now booking for 2013!
Just email, text or phone the date, time and location of your event.
That's all we need for the first enquiry. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We aim to keep your guests bopping on the dance floor to make your event a great success!
Looking forward to hearing from you! See you soon!
Hear our cover versions on MySpace too!
Or listen to 4 of our recorded cover versions of absolute classics on our MySpace profile: just click on the link below:
Loose Covers at MySpace
* 'Money for Nothing' by Dire Straits
* 'Black Magic Woman' by Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac (& Santana): we do a hybrid version
* 'Dancing in the Moonlight' by Thin Lizzy
* 'Honky Tonk Women' by The Rolling Stones
SET LIST 2013
Typical songs we play in Set 1
- but you can choose the running order if you like - and also ask for requests!
1. Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac / Santana
2. Dancing in the Moonlight – the Toploader hit!
3. All Right Now - Free
4. Cocaine (or 'Cocoa' for elder statesmen!) - Eric Clapton
5. It's Only Rock & Roll – The Rolling Stones
6. So Far Away – Dire Straits
7. Badge - Cream
8. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
9. Simple Twist of Fate – Bryan Ferry / Bob Dylan
10. Clocks - Coldplay
11. Come Up & See Me, Make Me Smile - Cockney Rebel
12. A Town called Malice – The Jam
13. Before You Accuse Me - Eric Clapton
14. Money for Nothing – Dire Straits
15. Mama told me not to come - Tom Jones / Stereophonics/ Three Dog Night
16. Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
17. Stuck in the Middle with you - Stealers Wheel
Typical songs in Set 2
1. Honky Tonk Women – The Rolling Stones
2. Echo Beach – Martha and the Muffins
3. Get it On – T. Rex
4. Will You – Hazel O’Connor
5. Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan / Guns 'n Roses
6. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
7. Whiter Shade of Pale – Procol Harum
8. Dancing in the Moonlight – Thin Lizzy
9. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
10. Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
11. Stay with Me – Rod Stewart
12. Tequila – The Champs / Dr Feelgood / Bad Manners (a
Latin rock classic!)
13. Let’s Stick Together – Roxy Music / Bryan Ferry
14. It’s All Over Now - The Rolling Stones
15. Moondance - Van Morrison
16. Spooky - Dusty Springfield
17. Lazin' on a Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks
18. Baby You Can Drive my Car - The Beatles
.. typically closing with this rousing, bopping finale!
1. Born to be Wild – Steppenwolf
2. Kansas City - The Beatles etc.
3. The Last Time - The Rolling Stones
4. Walk of Life - Dire Straits
5. Late in the Evening - Paul Simon
6. One Step Beyond - Madness
7. Brown Sugar – The Rolling Stones
8. Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
9. Won’t Get Fooled Again – The Who
Feel free to suggest more songs!
Like to book The Loose Covers for an event?
* booking date(s) you'd like
* location and type of venue / event
* contact phone no.
We'll email or phone you right back to confirm.
Thanks very much. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Loose Covers
About The Loose Covers
- The Loose Covers
- Covers band based in the Midlands including, Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, West Midlands, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
The Loose Covers are a lively 7-piece covers band which give you something really different, with 2 guitarists plus bass guitar, drums, sax, keyboards and vocals. We play hugely danceable classic pop and blues-rock pop music! Gigs across central England and the Midlands, e.g. Birmingham, W.Mids, Coventry, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds
We play pub gigs, sports club events, parties, beer festivals, fetes, birthdays, weddings etc. We hit the real classic songs from the 60s and 70s to the present day, eg: The Rolling Stones, Dire Straits, Coldplay, Bryan Ferry, Roxy Music, Dandy Warhols, Queen, Kasier Chiefs, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Bob Dylan, T.Rex, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Cream, Thin Lizzy + The Who and many more ...
We can do requests too: please ask!
SEE MORE PICS, sound clips & Video slide shows, plus SONG and SET LISTS AT:
The Loose Covers http://loosecovers.blogspot.com/
Loose Covers sets
The Loose Covers: the band which hits the real classics from the 60s and 70s to the noughties
45 great songs that everyone knows - to make that party sparkle!
Great for pub gigs, parties, club evenings, sports club events, dances, birthdays, wedding anniverary celebrations, festivals, fetes etc.!
We can play one long set, or 2 sets of over 1 hour each, or 3 x ~45min sets. It's up to you - we're flexible. And we can vary the set to suit you!
We can also pipe in backing or disco/dance music through our PA system during the interval(s), if you like.
Please email us for details:
Mobile: 07961 - 160322
For smaller venues, our drummer can - if you like - play with electronic drum pads to manage the volume!
We can do song requests too. Please email.
Please email us with info on your event, e.g. dates, location, any special requirements, song requests etc. at:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sunday, 24 June 2012
* Recent and upcoming gigs
* Set lists: great pop and rock songs and bands that we cover - from the 1960s to the Noughties!
* Photos of the band in concert
* Our You Tube videos on The Loose Covers own channel
Thursday, 19 April 2012
Rather than a one-minute silence, we have put together a short YouTube video in honour of 'The Father of Loud' as a 'One-Minute Song Tribute to Jim Marshall starring five guitar legends' at:
Jim once signed one of our own guitar amps in huge gold letters at a music convention.
He was a lovely guy and will be greatly missed. Our deepest sympathies to his family and friends.